What Is a Pancreatic and Biliary Condition?
Pancreatic and biliary conditions typically impact your liver, pancreas, gallbladder and/or the bile ducts. These conditions are often associated with long-term damage to the organ itself or surrounding tissue. Sometimes these problems are genetically predetermined. When in trouble, these organs can cause severe symptoms, but they also can silently cause issues.
Typical Signs & Symptoms
Pancreatic and biliary symptoms can include, but are not limited to:
- Abdominal swelling
- Dark-colored urine
- Diarrhea, especially with fat droplets in the stools
- Gas, hiccups and belching
- Itchy skin
- Jaundice—a yellowing of the skin and the whites of the eyes
- Loss of appetite or unexplained weight loss
- Pain throughout the upper abdomen that often travels to the mid-back region
- Pale-colored or bloody stool
If you are experiencing one of these symptoms, call your doctor immediately.